October 3, 2018
Here’s what’s open and closed on the Thanksgiving holiday Monday.
Shopping, food and drink
- The Metro grocery store on Rideau Street is open 24 hours, while the store in the Glebe is open regular hours on Monday. All other Metros and Food Basics are closed.
- All IGA stores in Gatineau are open.
- All Sobeys and FreshCo stores across the city will be closed Monday.
- All Provigo and Maxi stores in Gatineau are open with regular hours.
- The Loblaws on Rideau Street is open 24 hours and the Loblaws at Pretoria is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. All other Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstores are closed.
- The ByWard Market is open regular hours.
- Stores in the Glebe have been allowed to open on the Thanksgiving Monday since 2016, along with five other statutory holidays throughout the year. Check with individual businesses to see if they are open.
- The Bayshore Shopping Centre, Hazeldean Mall, Place d’Orléans, and St. Laurent Shopping Centre are all closed on Monday. The Rideau Centre is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- All LCBOs and Beer Stores are closed on Monday and will open with regular hours on Tuesday.
- Call smaller, independent businesses for store hours.
- Three museums which are normally closed on Mondays — the Museum of Nature, the National Gallery of Canada and the Canada Science and Technology Museum — are open on Monday.
- The Canadian War Museum, Canadian Museum of History, Canada Aviation and Space Museum and Canada Agriculture and Food Museum will be open regular hours.
City of Ottawa Services
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven client service centres are closed on Monday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, including the courts located at 100 Constellation Cres. will be closed on Monday. Residents can call 311 for any urgent matters. People with a hearing-related disability can call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection. Thanksgiving pick-up will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 9. Collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling containers and green bins will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply.