- This event has passed.
Black History Expo
February 2, 2020 - 09:00 - February 4, 2020 - 16:00
The Black History Month Expo will feature a number of exhibits and activities recognizing the Black Canadian experience. The Expo will be open to the public and local schools are invited to use the Expo as a key feature in their Black History Month programming. The exhibits and activities include:
- The International African Inventors Museum showcases innovators of African descent from across the diaspora and features a range of inventions such as the window cleaner, the eggbeater, space shuttle retrieval and more. The International African Inventors Museum promotes positive images and self-esteem in children and adults and teaches people of all nationalities about the contributions that Africans throughout the world have given to society.
- The Black Canadians In Sports (Ontario Black History Society) exhibit highlights the accomplishments of Black Canadian athletes through time, despite the particular challenges they faced.
- The On the Road North Traveling Exhibit (Canadian Heritage) explores over 200 years of the Black Canadian through the stories of a number of significant historic figures, events, and places experience.
- TheMobile Museum on Black Hockey History (National Hockey League and American Legacy) presents 200 years of hockey achievements using various displays, memorabilia, artifacts from different aspects of Black hockey history.
- Canada Post’s 2020 Black History Month commemorative stamp on the Coloured Hockey League of the Maritimes
- The Ottawa Senator’s Inflatable Rink and Hardest Shot and special visit from Spartacat.